AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vermeer Round Baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim
Posted 7/3/2006 20:32 (#23831 - in reply to #23348)
Subject: RE: Vermeer Round Baler

For some reason I couldn't log on so I'll be a guest! Has the baler always had this problem? Are the windrows built the way as instructed in the owners manual? You need to get the hay all the way to the edge of the bale chamber, if not the sides of the bales will not be nice and tight. The air pressure only provide pressure to get the belt take up arms back to the home position and to put pressure on the core of the bale. Now for the machines part of this problem. Take the oil level plug out of the reservoir on the right side of the baler and let any extra oil drain out, even though the hyd pressure is self contained there is a chance some tractor hyd oil can get into the baler system. Checking the reservoir a couple of times a year is a good idea. Yes as mentioned on the other post the hyd system may need to be recharged, I think that's explained in the operators manual but I'm not sure. I'm headed back out to the shop and I'll check a operators manual and service manual to see if I can find any other info for you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)