AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SeniorCitizen-Increasing food prices and talking heads
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

CentralNEFarmer
Posted 1/11/2008 19:30 (#281123)
Subject: SeniorCitizen-Increasing food prices and talking heads

Custer County, Nebraska
SeniorCitizen,

If I have understood correctly, you have implied that farmers need to get out ahead of the coming negative spotlight. There will be a variety of political opportunists taking whacks at agriculture... and all using very blunt axes.

And they will get air time.

The truth is the public will express outrage at a dollar increase in a Big Mac, yet never stop to contemplate the savings if they cooked the hamburger itself. Eating out has become a ritual of convenience,

I realize people dedicate careers towards balancing public, political, and press relations. Many times there is a public that does not want to be educated. Or a press that does not want to be informed. Or a politician that wants to press an agenda.

Yet still I am a mere farmer. I am not a politician.

I have at best a disjointed number of political groups to represent my interests. Yet I am sure you couldn't throw poultry, swine, cattle, ethanol, exports, wheat, soybean, and corn groups into one room without it soon devolving into an episode of Jerry Springer.

Someone would throw the chair.

And agriculture's enemies would provide the encouragement.

So I was hoping that with your different occupational perspective/political experiences you might have a unique insight into whether agriculture could ever mount a preemptive, unified, and successful campaign against the coming storm?

Edited by CentralNEFarmer 1/11/2008 19:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)