AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Increasing EZ Steer Accuracy ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mlswaar
Posted 1/11/2008 18:36 (#281072 - in reply to #280400)
Subject: RE: Increasing EZ Steer Accuracy ?

Mason City, IL
Have planted with an ez-steer since they came out on a JD8100 mfd pulling a 16/31 planter. I use the hp signal and get along great except on terraces. I can't set that many guidance lines since they are not parallel and go all over the place, some ending in the middle of the field. I just have to use the markers on those fields. I spend 80 to 90% of the time looking behind me at the planter. My old 1780 planter with trash wheels could use some clearance for residue flow so I keep a close watch on it. I do not mind the occasional curved entrance on a pass as it easier to know I'm on the right set of rows when combining. First year out I notice when planting 15 inch beans I had a wide/narrow pattern between passes. The planter has a slight side-draft so I moved the antenna over an inch and fixed the problem. I would hate to plant without it now. I showed my nephews how it worked, made 2 rounds to show them how to run a tractor and planter and left. They got along great and planted 70% of my acres for me while I worked off farm. They had never driven a tractor before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)