AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Increasing EZ Steer Accuracy ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmdog
Posted 1/11/2008 14:19 (#280933 - in reply to #280144)
Subject: Re: Increasing EZ Steer Accuracy ?

Jake--I'm not sure if you knew I'm running both here. It wouldn't be too hard grab my antenna some day and see for yourself. Mounting it might be the problem, my brackets are custom-made by me for a 7130 and 255.

I think to answer your question you need to figure out where your present shortcomings are. If you're resetting your A-B line every couple of hours and that is you main complaint, then yes, XP would improve the situation. If you're slow to get online after a turn, XP might help some, but it still won't be like Autopilot at all. It's very much a case of "you get what you pay for", and performance does seem to improve with each step up the ladder. You just have to decide what level you're satisfied with.

"here" I thought I would only run XP for the planter/NH3 tractor, but I've noticed enough improved performance that I move that antenna to the sprayer and combine as well. I've got lines I set 3 years ago and haven't had to reset yet. I've got one strange thing here: there's a microwave tower about 1 mile north of me, and if I run WAAS I'll have a wave in my rows that lines up with the beam from that. So (again "here") XP+EZ would not be a good choice for planting.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)