AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on Strip Till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 6/30/2006 10:01 (#23027 - in reply to #23018)
Subject: Re: More on Strip Till

Aberdeen MS
Basically it's a payoff. By stripping between the row, you can better manage residue problems. At least in corn residue. In bean residue, it isn't as big of a problem. On a 2 yr strip then move over, you are allowing the old corn root ball to naturally decompose to lessen that problem.

Compaction will occur any time with any system, unless you walk and plant by hand, and in the truest sense of the work, THAT is still compacting.

To change anything in life from the "norm" goes against human nature. Plain and simple, you aren't alone in that catagory.

But to quote Glenn Taylor, billionare owner of the Minnesota Timberwolves pro basketball team, from an interview done with him last week on TV. He said that to get ahead, at least financially and I believe in anything, one has to take a risk somewhere along the line. I like to make that risk as calculated as possible. And if that mean taking a few small steps forward instead of one great big one, it means my risk is minimized and limited.

Life continues whether we go with it or not, either you jump on the band wagon and go for the ride, or you stand on the side of the parade route and wave as it goes by, saying "boy, doesn't that look nice". BTO's got to where they are by taking risks, Bill Gates did the same thing. It does require some luck, but you have to be ready to "pull the trigger" when the opportunity presents itself, not seeing the op and then trying to get the ducks in the row. The op is long gone by that time.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)