AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More on Strip Till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Circle Farmer
Posted 6/29/2006 20:38 (#22891)
Subject: More on Strip Till

I've been reading the strip-till threads with interest as I just tried it out for the first time this year. I have especially enjoyed Jim's and Greywolfs takes on the subject. I still have a few questions about it as virtually noone in NEN tried it until this year. I see some like to strip between corn rows before planting beans. How do you do that? If I did that with my 8 row planter I would only have two standing rows of corn left and my tractor tires would be shot. I went on the old corn rows and it looks good to me with the beans not yet quite to full canopy. What am I missing? Can I strip down the same row everyother year? Its a corn/bean rotation with the corn going straight into bean stubble. I broadcast for the corn followed by N through the pivot pre-tassle. I also experimented with beans on corn notill. The strip beans are twice as big at this point.
Previously dad would work the ground ahead of me and the planter but now he is slowing down and this machine seems to be the answer to a labor shortage, not to mention a few thousand dollar fuel savings this spring. More questions later. Thanks!

Edited by Circle Farmer 6/29/2006 23:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)