AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Giving up on Strip till to the top for sek farmer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Greywolf
Posted 7/1/2006 08:45 (#23263 - in reply to #23161)
Subject: Re: Giving up on Strip till to the top for sek farmer

Aberdeen MS
I don't disagree with anything you have posted as well. I can only speak for my 600 Ac in particular and the concept of a different program in general.

I've mentioned before, strip tilling isn't just changing iron and business as usual. IMO, fully implementing strip till is a system. No different really than any other program. It's difficult without taking a lot of time in a venue such as this board, to project one's views and reasoning fully.

True, fertility management can be done with any system, fine tuning rates and placement. The problem for me, especially for the placement, I'm not comfortable with higher rates on the planter. That's just me. To band for myself, I would need to have another piece of equipment to accomplish that in the way that I prefer. For me, making the switch allows me to eliminate some equipment and kill 2 birds with one stone. Placement and planting prep without the custom app cost I incur now.

My high fertility rates have nothing to do with stripping, I agree. But, they DO allow me some lattitude others may not enjoy. Any time ANY fertility program is changed IMO, until a pattern is achieved, the management level of that part of the process has to be increased.

In my situation, when I decided to switch, it was to maximize and increase the efficiency of my time only. The rest came into play as I researched the "concept".

I have nothing to sell to anyone except my grain and possibly a horse if you were interested...LOL. I only share my experiences and what works for "me". If my sharing of knowledge is beneficial to someone good, if it doesn't apply to someone else, I have no problem with that. That's what this board is for, is sharing experiences and what works for everyone in their situation.

I thank you for pointing out some areas that I didn't expand on.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)