AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AGCO 115rt tractor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 6/28/2006 22:28 (#22647 - in reply to #22573)
Subject: Challenger 535

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have a Challenger 535 which is the 100 hp version of the same tractor but with the Perkins instead of the Cummins engine. I like it pretty well.

Have had a few problemws with the hydraulic stack. It is kind of a mess of steel lines and tough to work on if you have a leak. The newer "B" models have a cleaner valve stack. Have had a hydraulic noise that occours when slowing down that sounds like hydraulic fluid going past a valve. Has not hurt anything and AGCO is aware of the problem but has no "fix" as of yet. That is the only warrantee problems so far.

The tractor drives nice, has good torque, seems pretty fuel efficient and generally works good. I dont think the one I have will fit very well in 30" rows (has disk rear wheels) and would not turn very short if it did but we don't use it in rows so that is not an issue and set out to a wider tread width for loader work it turns very nicely.

They are a Massey tractor with different engine in the Agco model. I think the 115 has bar rear axles.

I like it so far.

John

Edited by John Burns 6/28/2006 22:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)