AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

N14 heating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

pknoeber
Posted 6/28/2006 00:14 (#22435)
Subject: N14 heating

SW KS, near Dodge City
I have a truck ('96 Marmon) with an N14 in it. Motor's set at 375, I took the radiator to the rad shop and had it worked on this winter, but tonight while taking the truck with an empty grain trailer down the highway on a 70 mile run, any time I tried to go over 62-63 mph it would start heating slightly. Let off the juice and it would cool right down, even when coming to a complete stop and just idling. With the tranny/rear end set up, cruising at 60 has it right at 1500 rpm. 65 is about 1650-1700. It was only about 90-92 degrees here, so it was a pretty cool day, and this thing shouldn't have been overheating. I know that's on the high side for operating RPMs, but that's what the truck's set up for, and with our shorter runs it works really well.

During wheat harvest I ran it in 100+ weather with no problems, but there wasn't ever an extended run to keep RPMs up for any length of time. This makes me wonder if A.) Somehow I'm collapsing the suction hose, even though it's pretty much all pipe. B.) The radiator doesn't provide adequate flow through and is creating a vacuum there. C.) Water pump's going out. D.) Engine needs flushed.

Anybody ever seen this before?

Phil
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)