AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ag Leader Insight question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/27/2006 06:58 (#22226 - in reply to #22212)
Subject: RE: Ag Leader Insight question

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I haven't thought about that combination. It appears that the Insight should be able to communicate with the Ag Leader Addon GPS's of the past although I have not actually done that either.

This would be similar to the situation where a PF3000 or Advantage was able to set the configuration strings etc. when hooked to the Ag Leader Addon GPS's.

Since the Addon's were actually Trimble Receivers, it would seem that this should be possible. For example the Ag Leader 3100 is really a Trimble 132 internally. It's been a while but I believe there is an additional circuit board in the 3100 case. I think this circuit board may act as the interface between the Ag Leader product and the internal Trimble GPS.

If this is in fact the case, it may not be possible to accomplish what you suggest. Now that I think about it, the question may be stated another way: Is it possible to have a PF3000 or Advantage communicate settings to a true Trimble 132 or does it only work to use the Ag Leader modified version of the 132?

Using the Insight's interface should be easier than fighting through the Trimble menu structure. If this is possible than it should work with the RED 132's from Case also. I don't believe Raven ever used any Trimble receivers as they have mostly used their own brand in the higher end products.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)