AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Connecting EZ-Guide to CaseIH AFS Universal Display Plus
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

COdrylander
Posted 6/26/2006 20:58 (#22174)
Subject: Connecting EZ-Guide to CaseIH AFS Universal Display Plus

NE CO
I've moved my EZ-Guide Plus/EZ-Steer system to my 2388 combine today and am trying to figure out how to connect the two. When i bought the combine, the AFS Universal Display Plus was installed by the dealer. The Salesman gave me (sold me) an interconnect cable to hook up the EZguide/Steer when I was ready to install it. Is is CaseIH P.N. 87302445 (AFS to GPS Adapter). It consists of a big 5 blade connector on on end which I think plugs into the AFS system. I found a mating connector under the cover to the right side of the seat. The other end of the Adapter has the three center wires connected to a male 9 pin connector and the two outside wires go to a larger black 3 pin connector(only the outside 2 are wired). After looking at the Trimble website, I found a support note "AgGPS EZ-Guide Plus: Using on a Combine Harvester". It says to connect the supplied null-modem cable (P/N 18532 to connect the EZ guide plus lightbar to a yield monitor :
1.connect one end of the cable to the lighbar DE-9 serial port on the bottom of the light bar.
2.Connect the other end of the cable to the DE-9 serial input port on the yield monitor.
I'm assuming that this DE-9 serial input port must be the pigtail on my adapter cable. Does anyone know if this is right?

And what is the second connector on the adapter for? Also in the kit was a mating connector with the contacts not installed. Is this connector to be wired to supply power, or is it for some other purpose?

Thanks for any help. The dealer doesn't know how to hook up an EZ-guide and is busy with other customers who are harvesting in his area. Any help is appreciated. I just hate hooking up random connectors, just because they match and turning on the power to see what happens, especially when the result could be smoke. :)

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)