AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CIH 955/interplant vs. CIH 5500 soybean special
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dvswia
Posted 12/26/2007 07:14 (#268317 - in reply to #268261)
Subject: "the price you pay" yeah, it was a high one for sure..

sw corner ia.
I really don't have any idea what you are talking about but let these pics tell about a thousand words..

I planted with this drill through plenty of disced stalks with over 200 bu stover and I never one time had stuff get stuck between the rows. And also, the 'factory' never put cleaners on this thing because they would hit the cart lift wheels when you folded.

Only thing I had a clearance problem with was the closing disc closest to the gauge wheel would stick with a root ball, I fixed this by replacing the short closing wheel mounting castings with the long one and they never bothered at all after that.

This thing will put the beans in just fine. You cannot run around with them set to dribble beans on top of the ground, you have to put them in the dirt. Took me a while to figure that out when I started notilling, but I have had results like these pictures every year on every acre except one time when I planted in ground that was not dry enough and recieved a beating rain on it that night. Stand was reduced to about 100K from 150. I left them and the field made 64 which was the highest I had that year.

Edited by dvswia 12/26/2007 07:35

(beans notill 05.JPG)

(notill beans side.JPG)

(beans from combine seat.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments beans notill 05.JPG (65KB - 211 downloads)
Attachments notill beans side.JPG (88KB - 218 downloads)
Attachments beans from combine seat.JPG (122KB - 228 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)