AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

need some advice on water management / drainage equip and software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 3/26/2013 21:40 (#2994243)
Subject: need some advice on water management / drainage equip and software

Manitoba
in the process of looking at potentially upgrading or adding to our gps equip, currently using EZ Steer with EZ 500. We've used it in almost all our equip. both with waas and omni. but only for steering. pretty happy with the job it's done for us but looking at getting more serious with the gps stuff to see what it can do for us. one area i see having a lot of potential is with designing drainage based on topography, initially mostly surface drainiage i think but potentially tiling as well. but here is where my question comes in. i'm only familiar with the trimble product i've used so my first step was to look into other trimble products and i think that means going to an fmx 1000 (looks to be close to $6300 plus unlocks to get to RTK) and using farm works software to manage the data. (have not priced that yet) but i just don't have any clue about what else is out there, what works well, what to avoid etc. so any advice or suggestions from those with more knowledge would go a long way to getting my research really going and compare value of the different options.

having a tough time getting going on this as i just don't know much about it. TIA, martin

Edited by Oakwood 3/26/2013 21:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)