AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

technology and cell phones
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 6/25/2006 14:37 (#21900 - in reply to #21884)
Subject: RE: technology and cell phones....we used to

Chebanse, IL.....

have better service here in Chebanse....but it's crap now. I don't know where you are, or what service you have, but I'll tell you about ours. We have Cingular Wireless (crap service). We've been with them for 15+ yrs. They used to be Cellular One...then bought-sold-bought-sold etc. When we first started, we had pretty good service in this area. Being able to use the phones on most of our farms was a sure thing. Cingular would apologize always saying they were going to extend service & make it better everywhere. But-we didn't care because they worked in our home town & home area. But-about 2 yrs ago that started changing. Now where we used to have excellent service-we have none. Or-you'll pick up your phone & have 2 bars of signal strength. Dial a # & hit the send & it goes to NO bars & drops off.

I would not recommend Cingular to anyone in this (Chebanse, IL) area. We have complained & they offered to let us bail out for 1/2 of our contract price. We have that because the Cingular store convinced us we needed new phones to get better service. That was wrong also.

Yesterday a salesman called me & he was in his home area just S of Champaign. He has Verizon service. I was on a hard line & he could only talk to me by stopping his truck & getting out. His service is just as bad, he says.

Some probably think we may not have enough towers up here. We farm on both sides of I-57 & I can assure you there are towers every mile. I'm just not sure they're hooked up to anything though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)