AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 450 SCS Rate Controller
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/26/2006 08:19 (#22076 - in reply to #22070)
Subject: RE: Raven 450 SCS Rate Controller

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
To compute the applied rate accurately both the Flowmeter and Speed Sensor must be calibrated properly. The Rate per acre is determined by the flow per minute and the acres per hour. If you ever see a Rate of zero when in fact you are applying - check the Vol/Min and the Area/Hr. One or the other will be zero. This will help you in your troubleshooting efforts.

As has been noted, to check the Flowmeter involves knowing "how much has left the tank" and comparing it to total volume. Knowing how much has left the tank can be tricky since the tank markings are generally not very accurate and the tank is usually not completely empty. Weighing the tank empty vs full and using the density of the product is another way of computing the Meter Cal. Generally the number stamped on the tag is plenty good.

The speed sensor that you have is apparently the proximity type. I have installed both the proximity type and also the older magnetic type that Ron refers to. I much prefer the magnetic type as they are more troublefree but sometimes harder to install and maybe more expensive. I personally use a magnetic speed sensor although I have radar and GPS available.

The bottom line is to get a speed sensor that is reliable and calibrate for a field of known acres.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)