AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A mess
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

fatboy
Posted 6/25/2006 01:33 (#21816)
Subject: A mess

SE Nebraska
Elderly lady down the road stopped and asked if I could come spray around her place cause the thistles were getting thick. Her husband was quite the character and a good friend before he passed on, so I figured heck, it's only a little time and her so called family doesn't seem to have any time to help. What a MESS. Thistles, bindweed, maryhoochiewana, and every other conceivable weed there is. Only thing I had at home that wouldn't kill the few blades of grass was some 2-4D amine. Put it on as strong as I could, and told her that I didn't think one shot would do much since everything was so tall. (six feet plus in height). So finally to my question. What would be best to back with at a later date. I was thinking about some Grazon P&D or something similar. She is adamant about paying for the chemicals and my fuel, but I don't think she realizes what stuff cost anymore. She won't listen when I tell her not to worry about it. What's the best option for the money?????????? One more thing. Mowing isn't a good option as this is in and around old machinery and who knows what else on the ground. Thanks
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)