AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VRT Corn Planting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ccfarmer
Posted 12/20/2007 17:37 (#264916 - in reply to #264613)
Subject: Re: VRT Corn Planting

Creighton, NE
agger802,

I am running a 1770nt 16-30 with 1/2 disconnect and only using one rawson drive. I took the factory transmission off (about 4-6 bolts and a chain) and installed the rawson where the transmission was . I talked with the people at rawson to see if this would work and they said the motor that I was getting would drive a 24 row planter without insecticide boxes , so I thought it was worth a try on a 16 row planter without insecticide. I'm running directly from the rawson to the hex shaft right above the 1/2 disconnect and retain the function of the disconnect. The only problem I had was bumping up against the 300 max rpm when planting beans (which flashed an error message on the PF Advantage) and that only happened once in awhile when I picked up a little speed going down a hill. The PF Advantage will directly control the rawson ( with a $400 adapter cable from Ag Leader), but if your using the Insight, I believe you will need to use the Rawson accurate controller along with the Insight to accomplish this . As I already had the Ag Leader monitor, it cost me around $4000 to put the variable rate on the planter

As far as the software goes , I was introduced to Farmworks by a local crop consultant who helped me get started with it, and have been using it for about 3 years now. It works for me because they support many different kinds of equipment and have good tech support. As with any software company, when a new version or update is released and there happens to be a problem (a bug!) , you must have patience, as sometimes it seems like an eternity before the problem is resolved. I think there is a lot of good software on the market today including the ones you have mentioned, and I would recommend going to some farm shows and talking to some of the representatives with these different companies. A lot of these companies ( Ag Leader, Farmworks, Mapshots, ect) have a fair amount of information on their web sites that may help you in your decision.

If you have any more questions on the rawson drive let me know and I can send you some pictures.
Hope this helps, Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)