AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

268 baler - it's ALIVE!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Steve NW WI
Posted 6/23/2006 17:59 (#21580)
Subject: 268 baler - it's ALIVE!!!

Star Prairie, WI
Just got done stacking about 80 bales of cruddy burned up then rained on hay with the old 268. Thanks to all that offered help on timing the needles. After I got the manual, I had to set the clearances between the needles & knotters, and it never missed a tie after that.

Baler was originally towed home from auction about 70 miles by a friend, tires looked like heck when it got here, but held air. Within 4 rounds, I had $45 tied up in two new - to - me tires, even hay stubble must be a lot harder on tires than roading.

Other than tires, sheared 2 or 3 flywheel shear bolts for no apparent reason, will get genuine NH shear bolts before next use, I was only using what I had in the shed (grade 5). I started with the Massey 180, but blew a radiator hose on the 1st round, so I had to go to the M for most of it. Live PTO has to be one of the top 10 tractor developments in my book.

Next project is to get the bed of my hayrack rebuilt and convince a couple of friends that they need fresh air & excercise!

Later,

Steve

PS Ed, start waiting for the mailman.

(m&baler.jpg)

(hayonwagon.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments m&baler.jpg (69KB - 325 downloads)
Attachments hayonwagon.jpg (66KB - 311 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)