AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using an FMX 1000 to control Teejet system.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Trimble Man
Posted 2/16/2013 03:13 (#2902470 - in reply to #2902311)
Subject: Re: Using an FMX 1000 to control Teejet system.

I would personaly recommend using all Teejet gear. 90% of all my Field IQ Installs are connected to Teejet Components. If you are building one from scratch, I would use an 801 Flow Meter, a 3second Reg Valve (Standard is 6 secs, but 3 secs responds much quicker) and I would also use those new 430 Ball Valves. The big feature of these new valves is that they have a "Flow-Back" feature, which dumps the boom line pressure when shut-off, so the nozzles stop immediately. You can also get them in a 3-way configuration, which I would prefer if you are using 5 or more sections. This is because when you are using extremely small sections, with only 1 turned on, it would most likely be below the minimum flow that the Flow Meter is capable of reading, resulting in pressure spikes & over application. With 3-way valves, the flow through the flow meter stays the same, regardless of how many sections are spraying (as long as the by-pass adjustment on each valve is set correctly).
The only reason your trimble dealer would have recommended Raven is because the Field IQ Harness has a Raven 460 Controller Plug on it. This is not a problem to get hold of. What I do is order the -03 Field IQ Kit for the 4600 Raven Controller, which comes with a short harness to connect to the 460 Plug (16pin AMP Connector) I cut the plug off this short harness and use it to make up my own harness to all the components. Let me know if you want a pin-out.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)