AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bad electricity...................and belt conveyors??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Dver
Posted 6/21/2006 06:23 (#20928 - in reply to #20912)
Subject: RE: Bad electricity...................and belt conveyors??

Hi Chad, Don't have much help on the power sweep, but we have had a learning curve on belt conveyors. Ours is a Brandt 1535 Field Loader. We also looked at Batco. At that time Batco was only reccomending a 5 hp on their 1535, so we thought the 7.5 off of our old 8x34 auger would pull it fine. No way. The motor was under full anps just running it empty. Would only take a dribble of grain w/o tripping the breaker. So we went to a new 10 hp motor. Handles it with no problem. Doesn't even pull rated amps at full load. Our other dissappointment is capacity. On beans, it is pretty good. We can run an 8" unload auger full stream and keep ahead with the Batco. On corn it is another story. We can only get at most 2500 BHP thru it with dry corn or it starts to roll back. That is with it just high enough to clear the truck. At this point, I love it for loading beans, because we have some seed beans to load, but to move corn, give me an auger. Brandt came out with an update to make it easy to maintain correct belt tension, so I don't think we have a problem there
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)