AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sell or Trade versatile 150
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 6/20/2006 18:48 (#20837 - in reply to #20802)
Subject: Re: Sell or Trade versatile 150

I use it for about everything. The 150 is a good forklift (forks in place of the bucket). It will lift 2500lbs (probox or bulk bag) and the 256 will do more. It's not as small as a forklift, but small enough to arrange pallets in my shop. The loader on the 150 is foot controlled and you sit right over the bucket, so it's much easier for a novice to do decent loader work. The pto will run an auger (we were going to have to get something to run an auger anyway this fall). The 3 point and pto will make it a great front mount mower (I have a 6 ft mower I'm going to reconfigure to be pushed instead of pulled). And, 4wd is much better for loader work in soupy conditions and snow. Basically, my plan was to have one tractor to handle all "chore" type activities and the bidirectional is a good fit for me and the piggies.

Since the bidi is working out for us and we use it a lot it would be better to have something newer. It seems to work out better financially to not have my critical machinery require repairs often - the 150 is not that bad, but it's had enough issues when we needed it that owning a newer/better bidi will be a blessing. I have been guilty in the past (and present) of going too cheap at first and making up for it in parts bills and repair time.

Thanks again, Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)