AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Monosem planters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ttazzer
Posted 6/20/2006 10:44 (#20775 - in reply to #20505)
Subject: RE: Monosem planters

I bought a new monosem NG + 3, planter for this spring, mine is a 12 row twin. As with anything new there is a learing
curve. I have the 2 bu boxes and this is the first planter I can say that they got the lids right. They don't fall off, you can lock them open, granted the opening isn't as big, But I would trade that any day having to chase down lids on a windy day. I have the 12 row twin on a Stacker bar, lots of weight, needed at least 1200 lbs onfront of MFD, My tractor was a tad small for this much planter, TS 135A Mfd, but I ran with the boost on most of the time. and this spring was a wet one. down side. V-closeing wheels did'nt all run true, they replaced one but I have 6 more that need replacing. ( there's no adjustment) Talked to engineer said the twin pulls to the right and that the 3pt. stablizers need to be tight. mine is set as tight as it could be, also why would only 6 be off? In tough conditions stalks can be a problem the first 250 acres no problem next 200 major pushing and plugging. either the trash wheel or a stalk would
get inbetween gauge wheel and next V-wheel, The dryer it got the better it worked.. Could use V-closing wheel guards, to keep out root clumps and corn cobs.
Corn metering Best on the Market, setting up the stagger for the twins takes some time, I also ran seed firmers to put on my pop-up fertilizer, they were a problem in the wet contidions., always had buildup on them.
I'm the first in the area with a monosem, dealer 100 miles away, once we got it setup right have'nt had them back.
The stacker is an orthman bar, not at all impressed with the wheel bearings in the lift assist,3 of 4 bearings went out
and I drug the wheel down highway before I cought it. 2 small sealed bearings on each wheel.(Not Good). rest of bar very well built..
If you'd like more info let me know. I'm from SW MN.
Sure would like the engineer to come and visit me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)