AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Some pics from this past season on our farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Scott (OSU)
Posted 12/23/2012 16:10 (#2770946 - in reply to #2770806)
Subject: Re: Some pics from this past season on our farm

Dalton, OH
This is the first season for a Drago. I love it's performance in the field, especially this season with all the vairiation in ear size. That said, not impressed with some of the other aspects of it. My mechanic could go into better detail, but I'll try my best. I also realize they have just updated their heads for 2013 and some of these things may have changed. First, it's a pain to fold up snouts on the header cart to go down the road. The Deere is much simpler and faster. Row units seem to be built kind of flimsy. I had two row units get out of line with each other and didn't hit anything in the field that I know of that would have caused it. Then Drago wants you to buy a clamp they make to fix the issue. If it happens that much, why didn't they just ship the clamp with the head. Third, why do they need a hood over the cross auger in front of the feederhouse intake? Deere and other companies solved this problem years ago, but not on the Drago. In some situations I needed to put the hood on so it wouldn't throw ears out over the front. Then I had troubles with trash plugging up as it couldn't go under the hood. I will run this head another season and reserve full judgement till then. Like I said the in field performance was impressive and that's what counts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)