AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are all labs that do tissue testing the same?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 12/17/2012 05:34 (#2757144 - in reply to #2754182)
Subject: Thanks for posting that Mike

Martinsville, Ohio

That session really caught my eye, too.  I was so impressed I wrote a blog about it.  They opened my eyes.

http://www.hymark.blogspot.com/2012/12/sap-test.html

I need to find out what size box I can ship over there for the reported $215 shipping cost and figure out how many samples I can put into it.  I heard Bob Streit in Iowa had a lot of samples in one box, of course he is pulling more than most people would be shipping.

It makes sense to me the sap is a better indicator than the ash, the sap turns into ash eventually.  The ash tested in typical tissue testing procedures for decades must be a part of the background for the results of the sap test or maybe not.

At least they received 1000 samples from the US and Canada last year to get a good feel for what we are doing and how our crops are performing.  I like the idea of a real Brix number from the sap that help me hone in on, too.

I will probably email you to see what and how you doing this later on.  I have enough green wheat and cover crop tissue to send right now, don't know that I will.  I would sure like to but definitely by flower.  Then it is just a report card with no time to adjust anything.

Ed

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)