AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank you guys
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Tim swMN
Posted 11/27/2007 17:42 (#247059 - in reply to #246927)
Subject: RE: Thank you guys

Hendricks MN
John I would like to know a little more about option #2.

How far away from the base can the GPS antenna and whip antenna be? The spot I am thinking of would have them 150 feet or more with the base somewhere in between.

Can the radio repeaters be stationary, such as on another silo five miles away? Would it be possibly to set up a neighborhood network with one or two base stations and a couple of repeaters? How far from the base could a person get using more than one repeater? If there was more then one base station would the repeater work for all of them? Example of an neighborhood network, two base stations 10 to 15 miles apart and a couple of repeaters between and around the base stations. Would someone in the middle be able to chose which base station to use? Could a person on one end of the network drive to a field on the other end and be able to use the other base station? Is there any loss of accuracy?

Could a Trimble or Topcon receiver be set up to work off of the MOJO base station and network?

What is the cost of baseline range upgrades? Is the upgrade needed if I stay within 2.5 miles of a repeater?

Edited by Tim swMN 11/27/2007 17:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)