AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How important is ISO 11783 standard to you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 11/23/2007 14:00 (#243845 - in reply to #243726)
Subject: RE: How important is ISO 11783 standard to you?

Hillsboro, AL

Autosteer on the Challenger MT series tractors is done over the CAN system. There are 2 wires from my Trimble Nav2 to the CAT ISO interpretor. As far as I know, all other 3rd party steering platforms use the CAN system on the MT also.

I have been told that in theory you can interchange the Agco GTA and the Deere 2600 console, the problem being that the correct cabling does not exist.

You can not connect the White planter to the FMD. There is no software to support the planter on the FMD. Again, in theory you can hook a JD planter to the Agco GTA, but cabling will be the first problem. The next problem will be that you will have to get access to the JD software to run the planter. But, that software should load on the GTA.

Maybe someone here can shed more light on this, but I am not sure that the FMD/Insight are fully 11783 compliant. They do have CAN capabilities, but I am not sure that they fully support 11783.

All progress in adopting ISO 11783 is encouraging, but we are still a long way from having true plug and play capabilities.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)