AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sweetcorn Suckers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 6/18/2006 18:31 (#20382 - in reply to #20335)
Subject: Re: Sweetcorn Suckers

Ed, I understand what you are saying. His question was whether to pull or not to pull and I stated what I do. As I haven't ever pulled suckers I could not say whether it helps or not. Your point of trying both ways is a good one. Only way you will learn is by trying. However, I thought your answer was directed at me & not directed at pbutler.
My intentions were not to say to overplant. It just a matter of having extra space that we plant too much sweet corn. WE both out both a corn & soybean plot, We plant sweet corn on the endrows so that when it plot day comes along in Aug the sweetcorn is gone & has been chopped off so people can see the individual varities u[ close. Many leave the endrows unplanted but I feel with the sweetcorn we are getting some use out of that space. We also have about 1/2ac between our houses that will eventually have a shed built on part of it. For now, instead of planting grass in that area & having to mow it we plant it to sweetcorn as well.

As for tomatoes, no need to worry about me overplanting them, I don't care for the things. One plant is 2 too many IMO :~))

BTW, no wheat here so no double crop. What wheat there is in this area (very little as none of the elevators want to mess with it) is at least a couple weeks away. When we did raise wheat it always seemed we were harvesting on July 4th.

Stop in if you ever get thru this area.

Edited by boog 6/18/2006 19:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)