AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts on all the talk/complaining about taxes/estate tax on here.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Newguy
Posted 12/5/2012 13:32 (#2734388 - in reply to #2734097)
Subject: Whoa.... Down boy,,,,, down......

Renville Minnesota

Strike 1: " But let’s assume he pulled equity out of his existing land to purchase new ground each time and just kept depreciating farm equipment and building bin sites, etc… as all farmers do. "

Im a farmer, and I do not, nor will I ever do this.   Land has more than quadrupled in the last ten years here.  Previouse ten years it doubled over that time, previouse ten years is lost 70% of its value.   3000 dollar land in 1980 is worth today around 9300 considering real monetary costs (if one beleives the rate of inflation)

You might be right in that many farmers do pull equity, but your generalizing, which you shouldn't do.

Strike 2:
"***But as farmers do you really ever have the ability to complain about the tax code with the structures you have had setup for the last few decades? *** "

I pay property tax on every acre I own, just this past year it went up 20%......   Im not complaining about that........

So let me get this straight, you think that if/when I and my wife die tomorrow, my kid should have to pay 20% of today's inflated value of the land?  When in 10 years there is a historical evidence that market value possibly could drop 70% of its value? 

Yeah, Im going to use my right to complain about it, as I feel its justified.   As I also am in favor of letting the goobernment off the hook on premium subsidy.  

good day

Edited by Newguy 12/5/2012 13:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)