AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Handeling House Renters
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DeutzTractorMan
Posted 12/5/2012 17:16 (#2734656 - in reply to #2733925)
Subject: RE: Handeling House Renters

Sounds like of alot of you have been there and done it to with renters. 

This man seems to be a good person and works hard in construction. Has had bad luck with women as alot men have had and it goes both ways good women have bad luck with men. GOD knows I am in that struggle now at this time with a lady who meant alot to me and cant make sense of her actions after treating her well and with respect.

I feel the problem is wife, which he adores and spoils which does not work ( well let me rephrase that as girlfriend/ common law wife cause they are not married. Obviously he planted a watermelon seed in her fur , it germinated and now growing or call it he left yeast roll in the oven and it now baking/ cooking) cause soon as they move in I get a call from him about her being pregnant, complaining about the smell in the big storage room which is room that has been used to keep anythig and everthing in as in tools, horse saddles feed , even small pets have been kept there, its a catch all room on the backside of house that you can shut completely off if needed. I knew it wasnt bad but I told him I would take care if it and did the next morning. I go over the next morning and he is like embarassed. He says smell is not bad at all it is just her that it seemed to bothered. I sanitized/ cleaned the walls , ceiling and floor and it been fine since.

I got a feeling it may be the same with the dishwasher and it has something to do with she may not have liked it cause she seems to be picky. Reason I say this is he told me dishwsher was on the porch for me to see and he could put it in his storage building if needed.
OK EVERYBODY READING THIS!!!!!
WHY IN THE HELL WOULD HE MENTION PUT A BROKEN DISHWASHER IN A STORAGE BUILDING IF IT WAS NOT WORKING , QUIT AND NOT ANY GOOD ??????
 You with me on this one??????
The dishwasher probably still works she is just picky dont like this,  dont like  that.  then say Baby/ Sweetie pie  go get me a dish washer I like.  The dish washer is not very old, good quality   and hasnt been run alot I know.

She may have had him to go buy one like she liked and take that one out. I could see this happening with her.
Besides, a Dishwasher is a luxry not a have to have.
GIVE ME A BREAK , CANT WASH DISHES BY HAND FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS.   Hell  we wash dishes everyday at my house and had a dish washer.  Finally took it out and made more cabinet space because that is waht it become used for anyway 
 Thats is whats wrong with this country people are too DAMN LAZY to do work and little work at that  

I know i didnt respond as quickly as i usually do when renters call but I didnt even know he called untill later i happen to see his name on missed calls and thought it was just about him paying me the rent. I was really busy with other things on the farm that was more important as in time sensitive/attention required and wasnt in a big rush to get the rental money.   However i wasnt aware at the time my voicmail  wasnt working but we do live a day and  age of technology where he could have text me and i know it was working.  

Beside usually we landlords have to chase renters down to get collect money anyway when we show kindness to renters cause you give them 1 inch they will take you for a 5 mile ride and it has never been good. The one that just left I could write a book on that one. It was unbelievable how they acted and treatd me when I helped them in a time of need with no where to go.

My first thought when he told me this was reimburse him. Then I got to thinking a dam dishwasher is not a have to have item which is a must for a household to operate. Besides that can wait for a few days till landlord gets in touch with you. They got teenage childern that have hands that could wash dishes if girlfriend/common law wife cant.

I have always been more than fair to renters, really prompt on  returniong calls (except this time ) and fixing any problems and helped them in any way i could but  some  seem to sense  you have a giving  big heart and take advantage of it greatly and use you till no end.

My thoughts on several ways to  handeling  situation with dishwasher. 

#1  Reimburse him fully by deducting  cost of dishwasher from  monthly rent.   and warn him not to do this again unless it  is really a imperative emergency as per to the house/home  fucntioning properly and safely .  MUST BE A NEED NOT A WANT/LUXRY

#2  Reimburse him for only half cause it is a luxry item not a need. 

#3  Do not reimburse him anything and tell him he can take the dishwasher when he moves

Come on my friends at  AG Cafe,    Lets take a poll and expresss your opinion and vote #1 , #2 or #3

Cast your vote / opinion 

Edited by DeutzTractorMan 12/5/2012 17:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)