AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My trip to the city today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

KevinM
Posted 12/4/2012 23:58 (#2733591)
Subject: My trip to the city today

SE IL

Had to make a trip to the big city (LOL) today. I had not been for quite a while. It seems after I haven't been for a few months I seem to notice different things. Today I was walking out of Sears (exchanging some broken tools), got in the truck and was pulling back onto the street when I noticed a sign. I'm sure it had been there all along but for some reason today it just really stood out. "PALM READINGS". I don't know why it hit me but I just couldn't get over it that in this day and time that anyone would ever fall for (or at the very least spend money on) such silliness. I have seen these establishments for many years and had just figured they would be a passing fad. Perhaps "The Mentalist" has caused a resurgence. And then down the street was another sketchy business-"TATTOO AND PIERCING". These seem to be all over nowadays-and a quick trip into the local wally world revealed why. Most of the younger types I observed had either one or the other-most multiples of each. I try not to judge-Lord knows I had my own "issues" at that age. But dang-there's no evidence (at least visual) now. I guess I'm just getting ornery in my older age.

But on a more positive note--Dad got a great report from his oncologist today (the real reason I was there)--his cancer is in remission. Maybe I should have gone to that palm reader after all--I never dreamed he would have gotten that news. I guess all those prayers worked. It's gonna be a Merry Christmas here this year!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)