AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mystery train
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

rodrod5
Posted 12/4/2012 23:16 (#2733477 - in reply to #2732927)
Subject: Re: Mystery train

Lubbock, Texas
milofarmer1 - 12/4/2012 04:55

Steven, did you work for Enron before they went broke? LOL.

haha no :(

the interesting thing about my plan is it would actually produce energy and like I said it would probably start out producing off peak energy (that is near useless and currently in Texas wind farms actually PAY people to take so they can still profit from the tax credit).......then my plan would take that energy, store it, and have it available for peak demand sales and because of the storage method it would be "green energy" again

so you would start out with the off peak energy generation getting the 2.2 cent per Kw credit and selling that (using it) to "yourself" and then storing it and selling it again on peak and getting another 1.1 cent per Kw for more green energy "generation"

it would possibly actually save Texas energy consumers money by having peak energy production available at a very very short notice to help hold those prices down

at night in Texas for many times of the year wind energy is sold at a "negative" they pay people to take it while gas, coal, and nuclear plants have to further power down and then at peak times in Texas energy cost can be exponentially more expensive for 2-3 hour periods 2-3 times a day because of course west Texas wind blows the most at night and energy demand is greatest between 8-11 am and 3-6 pm and sometimes mid day as well.....when wind does not blow as much

I think if placed in the exact right area with all the proper natural features and available needed natural resources my plan could work without the energy tax credits, but the double dipping of 3.3 cents per Kw would be a huge bonus

the one major issue is that right now in Texas the areas that have wind and have the natural features needed for part of the plan lack the other natural resource needed to implement the plan fully

Edited by rodrod5 12/4/2012 23:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)