AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 2610H bearing problems (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 12/3/2012 17:11 (#2730872 - in reply to #2730697)
Subject: I agree completely

Chris, I don't disagree with anything you said, especially #4

The new machines and the new arm we got from parts have zerks on them so I agree they know they have a problem. We've been through this with Deere before, they know they have defective parts but won't pay to change them out unless they fail and of course when they do they cause other damage or you're broke down in the field. They also have a shortage of the arms they show on back order so I am guessing we're not the only one's having problems.

I've tried to let them work through this but we have had and still do have a problem with our S660 not spreading trash evenly behind the combine, we've spent countless hours messing with it instead of running. Why they changed something that was working perfectly fine on the 9670 I have no idea. Now they are dragging their feet and being a PITA about the bearings on this applicator. I am through being their research and development. If it's not running and should be and it's because of something that they didn't engineer correctly it's going back on them. I have reached the end of my rope with this deal. There are a lot of other options out there to look at.

We are putting them back together like they should have been done the first time, Kyle is drilling out the hubs and tapping them for a zerk so we can grease them every 2 or 3 days and keep fresh grease in them.

Deere has no idea how upset I am right now. If the right salesman walked in the door it would all be gone in an hour. Kenworth told us they would not back a truck we bought that would not stay on the road one time, salesman said there was nothing I could do about it and I would just have to put up with it wandering all over the road (we had already put $7000 into it plus what they had done) I told him if I walked out I would not be back. He just said sorry. I walked out and within 6 months we went from 4 T600's to zero Kenworth products. I have not spend a single dollar there since.

Companies are going to have to learn that customer service is what keeps customers coming back, lack of it will also drive them away.

Edited by Ray (ecks) 12/3/2012 17:18
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)