AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New Skid-Steer Loader Purcahse
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

seedcleaner
Posted 12/2/2012 22:56 (#2729710 - in reply to #2729619)
Subject: Re: New Skid-Steer Loader Purcahse

Mid-Missouri
I would really like the JCB. Looking at the specs, I would be a little lacking on the lift height. I looked one over real close at the Western Farm Show in KC. This would be my wildcard pick, as I really like the way it is put together.
I have heard the new Bobcat design has terrible view. I don't think I will ever own a Bobcat just because I don't like the way they put things together.
Case 1845 and 90xt were great machines, don't know much about the newer ones and don't really care too either.
Cat is definately a good unit, I really like their pilot controls.
Deere is probably a pretty good machine overall.
Takuechi is for sure the toughest, best built, most productive machine going. They won't work for some people though. They are taller, radial lift only.

I wish all rubber track machines had a faster two speed design.

The first and only machine I have owned is a Gehl 7810 with Grouser tracks. It is a beast, worthless in mud until the Grousers. I think it lifts higher than any other. I won't own a ssl without foot throttle, and the next machine will have pilot/electric controls with auxillary on the handle. I really want a track machine, but so far, none of them that I know of will match the lift height of the 7810. I also would prefer a vertical lift, like many of those you mentioned.

I try to do my own repairs. It would be nice to compare how serviceable and accessible each machine is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)