AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FM-750 remote mapping switch
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Marlhauler
Posted 12/20/2015 15:05 (#4974354 - in reply to #4974024)
Subject: RE: FM-750 remote mapping switch

Vicksburg MI 49097
kslfarms - 12/20/2015 12:20

Hello,

Please allow me to pull this old post up again.

I installed a new Trimble FM-750 on my NH tractor and would like to map my seeding.

I use a JD752 drill and would like to map all three functions if they are used:

1. Seeding,
2. Seed placed fertilizer and
3. Mid-row banded fertilizer.

Is this possible, with the use of an on/off switch, or better with the rotational pickup at the last shaft before the product goes in the tube?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Joerg

I am not familiar with your seeder .. With applicators they have some sort of a valve to apply product .. everything is controlled by a computer or Can Bus system.. each product that you would be allying would be hooked to some sort of a shaft or flow sensor .. and the computer would know what you are applying and at what rate ..

With an FM-750 I think you can do all of those things if you have paid for Variable rate Unlock and have various flow sensors ect that work with Trimble unit.. Like I said to monitor 3 different products you more or less need a Can Bus system ..

I use my 750 just for guidance and application mapping .. In my case the 750 does not know what I am applying or at what rate.. I use a Mid Tech 6100 Computer to control my spreader conveyor speed based on weight of material spread width ground speed and tale gate height ..

I can add a Mid Tech Data Link a third party computer with Farm Works software and do all of the things you mentioned plus variable rates

If I really wanted to do what you want to do I would Contact Jon Bikel of used Precision ag parts besides him there are several guys who post on Precision Talk Regularly,..

The main thing that I don't know is if your seeder is all manual or if you have some kind of a variable rate on the fly product control system on it..

Even if it was all analog I would think you could put all of the info into 750 to tell it what you were doing .. In my case I just make note of what product I am applying some days .. Lime Marl Gypsum or Turkey Litter.. at this point my 750 does not know what rate I am applying .. in the future my third party field computer will know all of this stuff..

http://www.usedprecisionag.com/

I just read your post more carefully.. You say you have shafts truing for each product applied.. Yes I would think that a shaft counter for each product would be necessary .. Some one like Jon Bickel or a few others who post on Precision talk regulatory could fix you up with the hardware you need and cables .. I am not even sure if the FM 750 is set up for more than two products ..

Ag Leader Trimble and Top Con and many others do have computers that handle multiple Products Raven too ..

Edited by Marlhauler 12/20/2015 15:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)