AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking Into building a garage and living above.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mrs B
Posted 12/3/2012 15:04 (#2730767 - in reply to #2728456)
Subject: RE: Looking Into building a garage and living above.

Highland Center, in Southeast Iowa

I'm in agreement with most of the others (except of course, 65SS's "stupid women" comment) that the 3 small dormers are effectively unusable space.  If you were working with 2500 sq ft, the dormers are attractive, but seems to me that at the 1000 sq ft mark, you need space more than you need cute.  Those small dormers will begin to feel like rabbit hutches before long.  I'd combine the area of those 3 small dormers into one area, and put the tallest slope roof and highest ceiling on it that is feasible.  The difference in the feeling of space will be amazing.  And of course, use the most energy-efficient windows you can find, cause you'lll want the light to come thru and not lose the heat/cool. If it were me I'd flip the bathroom to be closer to the bedrooms, and not be the 'entryway' to the living space.  I'd rather have the kitchen in that slot myself, but that's just me.  Also, you mentioned that there is a little one involved......plan now how you're going to keep that one on the 2nd level and not listen to the thump-thump-thump-thump-thump-waaaaaaaaah of a child tumbling down those stairs.   Good luck................keep us posted with pictures as you progress, we're quite the cheer squad!  :~)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)