AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking Into building a garage and living above.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 12/2/2012 18:06 (#2729016 - in reply to #2728456)
Subject: RE: Looking Into building a garage and living above.

central - east central Minnesota -

johndeere430u - 12/2/2012 10:33 Looking into saving some money and building a 3 stall garage with living quarters above it. Looking into one with 1000 sqft living space above. http://www.familyhomeplans.com/plan_details.cfm?PlanNumber=99939&sr... Any idea what it would cost roughly? I know lots of different variables. Would have floor heat in the cement.

That style, with all those dormers will cost a bunch!Use the three stall plan and combine the dormers, to acturally make useable room, would be much, much less money. Change the dormer roof to a shed roof and the cost goes down even more. If you look at the three little dormers, there is maybe 3-4ft of space in them, that isn't useable room. If you combine the dormers, you can get a nice 12 or 14 ft room in the dormer area. Same cost as one little dormer. Then change the peaked roof to a shed type roof and save more materal and labor. Those dormers, as shown, take a lot of labor. Last job I helped on, about $1100 ea, for labor only.That is a very good way to start out. I would diffiently use closd cell spray foam, to seal out all possible exhaust fumes from parking garage. Insulate the garage footing and concrete floor also.I plan to do a 26 x 28 with single dormers w/big windows on each slope side (12ft shed roof) which will become my office / man cave - hopefully next summer.Edit: you do not need much more then 7 or 8 / 12 pitch roof, if you consider the options I described.

Edited by iseedit 12/2/2012 18:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)