AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Military pilots.......farmers now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 12/3/2012 07:50 (#2730083 - in reply to #2729525)
Subject: Re: Military pilots.......farmers now?

Central Kansas
bushton4 - 12/2/2012 20:55

Trakman; I was crash rescue at the same time and place. Loved visiting with Major Miller he was a super guy.

Hey that is neat that we were in at the same time...........small world, huh? Oh yes, Major Bill Miller, what a dare devil.............my second ride was with him and when I arrived at the Base to get my flight suit/parachute, he looked at me and grinned and these are his exact words to me "So you are my flying companion, I want to get a good look at you know before you have you head in the sick sack all the way!" ......:>( I pleaded with him that I wanted to enjoy the flight and as usual, he gave me a "good" ride........and I didn't get sick!. On the return trip, he went down low and we simulated a bomb run...........man them hedge rows in Missouri were going by like a picket fence. We got back and prepared to land and he did the maneuver where he came across the air field and then pulled her up. The "G's" that were produced was something I had never experienced. Had a camera with a strap around my wrist and that strap really got taunt!

I was in from January 1967 till January of 1972 with my first summer camp at Hutch and then moved to Forbes Field.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)