AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

9520 Crank sensor problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J.Stacey
Posted 12/2/2012 15:19 (#2728759 - in reply to #2727689)
Subject: Re: 9520 Crank sensor problem

I really doubt the tone wheel on the front of the crankshaft is moving out. It is held in place by the front crankshaft timing gear that is keyed and a press fit on the crankshaft. The tone wheel itself is not keyed. Why, I don't know. It is located with a roll pin that is located on the front of the crankshaft. If that roll pin ever sheers then good luck getting it removed. In other words be really careful when setting that sensor to provide adequate clearance. You might want to remove the sensor and bump the engine over while looking at the tone wheel to make for sure it is o.k. Also make for sure the water pump isn't seeping out of the weep hole and the bearing isn't out. If it goes out it can let some of the bearing loose on top of the timing gears and they start to eat themselves from there. From what I've been reading if your water pump has 2000 hours on it you better think about changing it anyway. If you aren't sure about the bearing I would be tempted to remove the pump and roll it over by hand just to check it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)