AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody know much about the new Surface from MS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 12/1/2012 07:16 (#2726310)
Subject: Anybody know much about the new Surface from MS?

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

I have been reading and googling about the new Microsoft Surface, think I might want a pad computer in the future, and don't think Ipad would do what I want.  Like when I bought my laptop, I had lots of ideas, found some of them didn't really work well when I got the laptop.  I am sure a pad computer would be the same, you just don't know if they would be good for you until you spend the money and gain the experience.  Perhaps an Ipad or an android would work, but reading tells me it is doubtful.

What I think I want is somethin that would download some of my files on my desktop to go mobile for a few applications I have.  Presently it is awkward when not at nome not to be ablle to access full records from a distance.

I know I am an old fogey, but I don't like the cloud computing, and hate texting, my fingers are large and clumsy.  I currently have a Kindle fire, like it, but the interface seems very awkward for me.  I like what it will do, but hate trying to get it to do it.  Not had it long, so I might like it better in the future as I get used to it. 

I started computing with a Tandy 8088 machine with 10 mg drive and adpted quickly, liked the machine and what it would do, but kept adapting to future improvements in size.  I say that to show I can adapt, but the tablets and smart phones are difficult so far. 

How long did it take you to adapt to using fingers on small screens?
Do you have problems reading small screens?  (So far, I find it very limiting)

Are you able to transport files for reference on the go with the machine you now have?

I believe at this time the second generation of Surface would work for me, they are not available at this time, but are advertised on google as being avalable soon.  Any thoughts on my choice based on my limitations listed above?             

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)