AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electric brakes that really work !
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 12/1/2012 03:01 (#2726236)
Subject: Electric brakes that really work !

North End I-15
Spent the day today at a sears store in Portland ,Or. Seems the trip down white bird pass was a real learning experience . My Blue Ox remote braking unit in the Honda CR-V worked better than I thought . We. headed down the graded at 35 MPH , I didn't think the brakes were holding back on the tow car like they should . So.... I turned up the sensitivity control nob ? Road was wet and slippery , unit didn't feel like it was braking the car . Come to find out, it works really well , it must have locked up the brakes . Flattened three tires down to the bare rubber . No thread left in places .

To day put 4 new tires and a wheel alignment on the Honda ..... Yep haven't driven the car till yesterday , Heard a thump , thump , thump , wondered what it was ..... it was a 800$ learning experience . :-)
Hope the rest of trip the driver is a bit smarter ..

Oh did I mention the concrete divider I hit ?
Pulled off I -5 in Olympia / Tumwater area to look for a RV parts place . Nailed a cement road divider about 6 " high with the right front tire of the RV . Took it to a tire shop that specialized in commercial,trucks to,find a new wheel . Turns out they didn't have a wheel so did the old farmer bigger hammer trick on the rim put it back on . Balenced it and away. we went . Thought it may have hit the car too , so the trip to the tire shop to day . They said both the front and rear axels were out of alinement on the car .... So here we are in Beavercreek , heading to Mc minnvile tomarrow , look out people ... here comes a reckless demented farmer your way !
only 13700 miles on car and wore out a set of tires :-( Had 3/32 on 3 tires , the 4 th had 6/32 except for the bald spots . A 24000 lb motor home can drag a Honda CR-V any place !
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)