AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

how do I read insight CM card?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/21/2007 10:58 (#242206 - in reply to #242126)
Subject: Re: how do I read insight CM card?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The Insight uses a CF (Compact Flash) card. If your computer has a CF drive in it, you should be able to view the files on the card. You would be able to copy these files with normal file handling techniques with Explorer etc. This means you could make copies of the files on the card to your hard drive etc.

In older Ag Leader products, the data was written to the memory card as the operation progressed. This meant that the memory card needed to be present during the operation.

In the Insight this data is stored internally then transfered to the removable CF card. This means that the Insight does not have to have the CF card present during the operation (harvesting, application etc.) The Insight can be set to automatically or manually copy the files to the memory card. The Copy to Card Icon on the home screen is one way to get copies of the files to the removable CF card.

The files have different extensions depending on their purpose. You will be most interested in the .ilf files as these are the "insight log files" which will contain the yield information.

In order to make Yield Maps you would need some type of software designed for that purpose. Ag Leader's SMS is a popular choice. There are several other choices that vary in complexity and price. Some of the more powerful software packages can be a bit overwhelming at first when a person doesn't really know what they want.

Edited by tedbear 11/21/2007 11:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)