AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Net wrap and tmrs?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

proud2Bafarmer
Posted 11/30/2012 06:28 (#2724536 - in reply to #2724508)
Subject: Re: Net wrap and tmrs?

Baldwin City, KS
We usually have left it on when feeding cornstalk bales, since I've found no good way to cut it off. If you cut it over the top of the mixer with the auger running, it can grab the wrap and might pull you in as you try to get it out of there, since stalk bales explode. Generally, we find the wrap in mostly one piece on the auger after we clean out. I have had some end up in the bunk in a wad, but to my knowlege, none has found it's way to a bearing, knock on wood. This is on an Arts way vertical. If you are putting in a nice grass bale that will hold together once cut, I would cut the net off of that, then load it. Just haven't figured out how to manage corn stover or wheat straw without just dumping it in since the bales explode.
A friend of mine has been feeding beef cows with a vertical for a few years now. He has never cut net, and I've never known him to have either cattle or equipment related problems because of the net wrap. Doesn't necessarily make it right, just what I've observed.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)