AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Steering Sensitivity setting on John Deere 9220?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

cardinals_fan
Posted 11/29/2012 22:28 (#2724250)
Subject: Steering Sensitivity setting on John Deere 9220?

Got a question for all of you a lot smarter than me. Running a JD 9220 with integrated auto trac. It is the last production year of the 20 series I believe. Running JD RTK. Pulling anhydrous bar. I am having trouble driving as straight as I would like it to. There seems to be a little squiggle in almost every pass. I have messed around changing the steering sensitivity on my 2600 display. Was told by my AMS guy to be between 50-70 on the steering sensitivity. Seems too low and slow to react. have been running it at 80, adjusting it up and down trying to improve it. Was wondering if I am missing something.

TCM is calibrated, and my offsets are correct.

Seems to track the worst when the tractor is pulled hard, like when I go through a clay spot. Or when I get some wheel slip tractor will go 4 to 6 inches one way, then slowly over correct it self and be off the other way. It leaves an annoying squiggle.

Also it has slow reactions when I turn around and hit the resume button to start my next pass.

It also seems like I am off 1-2 inches a lot and it does not stay locked on 0 inches as much as it should be.

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)