AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Should I Sue in small claims??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

behog
Posted 11/29/2012 19:49 (#2723914)
Subject: Should I Sue in small claims??

frederick, MD

Heres the deal.  Have a dairy farm, 500 head all together.  Church that is about 1/4 mile away want to have fireworks for some event.  The come in and ask my Grandparents who own the farm if they can set them off in there field.  They say no, field is planted and they will scare the cows.  Nothing is ever said to me.

Church sets off fireworks in another farmers field.  It is extremly loud.  I can feel the impact.  Heifers go wild, busting down gates running mad.  I go into pen to try to secure them from escaping.  Then when I leave the farm to go home, I live on another farm, I see milk cows are going wild in barn.  I drive in, everything looks ok so I go home. 

Next morning at 3 am, morning shift calls me, we need help to move a down cow its leg is broken.  I think yeah right, I have only seen one other cow in  my whole life with a broken leg.  Well I show up, it is broken.  We move her to a box stall.  It just so happens later that day the vet is here and he looks at her and says , yep its broken do you want me to put her down.  I say no, I will.  

So I get to thinking, the fireworks most likely caused this.  And the older I get the more I get tired of people screwing me.  So I send the church a letter, requesting payment for 1 dead cow and 300 dollars to repair gates.  2300 dollars total.  They dont respond.  I call them 8 weeks later and I am told that they are not at fault because they took every saftey precaution.   I tell them that does not matter, you have damaged my property by your actions and I should be compensated.  Nope, no way, no how.  How do we even know you have cows?  How do we even know one broke its leg?  I reply, Well it sounded like afganistan out here, what did you think was going to happen.  I proceed to get quite angry with the pastor and explain to him that the just thing to do is to compensate his neighbor for his loss.  

I am considering suing the church for my cow, the gate, and loss of income.  What do you think? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)