AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn on Corn on low fertility soils?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jocoshar23
Posted 11/30/2012 12:10 (#2725007 - in reply to #2724028)
Subject: Re: Corn on Corn on low fertility soils?

SE IA
will have plenty of sulfur (15 units of S) and zinc (.5 #) with the starter (2x2). and im not interested in doing tissue tests at this point for the micros when my P/K levels need every dollar I can afford on them. the point of my question was have I doused enough P and K on to compensate for low testing soils in order to try corn/corn? I believe I have put on about 3.5-4 years of fertilizer on for 2 years of crop.

P1 ppm was 11, and K ppm was 136 by the way. But I have put on in 2 years now 300# of MAP, and 425# of potash, with 2500 gallon of finishing hog manure, and will only have removed 2 years of crop after next fall. I'm trying to build this farm up, and want to make sure I have the fertility there to grow corn/corn which is the reason for my question and post.

I think I am adequate unless someone tells me "I have put on a bunch of fertilizer on low testing ground, and don't do corn/corn until K is over 170 and P1 is over 25." Until I hear that from someone...Im going to go to corn.

Edited by jocoshar23 11/30/2012 12:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)