AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Double crop Soybeans in Southern Kansas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 6/17/2006 18:16 (#20114)
Subject: Double crop Soybeans in Southern Kansas?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Just finished wheat harvest yesterday, and had a couple of fields with very poor yields, so I am trying to "extract" a little extra income off of these acres for my landlords and also myself! I limited myself by applying finesse with my spring fertilizer topdress, so it looks as if dc STS soybeans are my only option. I am planting full season soybeans in my notill rotation but have never attempted DC soybeans, always opting for grain sorghum instead. This ground was scheduled for a spring crop next year, so I was going to be spraying it anyway, so why not try some beans? The only thing that I dont like is the inability to have any type of crop insurance. With my dc grain sorghum I can always get some type of yield and if not satisfactory I have a cow/calf operation that will help in taking care of stubble. Any ideas on population, group varieties, or any other tips for planting double crop beans in southern Kansas will be greatly appreciated! This is in a notill situation and very sandy soil. I have access to Pioneer, Dekalb and Asgrow STS beans.
thanks,
Jim
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)