AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have anger issues??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Howdyjabo
Posted 11/29/2012 10:03 (#2723226 - in reply to #2722580)
Subject: Re: Anyone else have anger issues??

NC
yup- on changing things to flow better.

Me and hubby work stock differently and cannot copy each other because we have different effects on cattle. My presence soothes cattle and his intimidates them.
He needed to back off and see that my way worked for me and his didn't.
Once he realized that there were benefits to the way cattle reacted to me-- he didn't mind so much the drawbacks(ie slower) that come with it.

Then there was his Dad and my son. Both tried hard but they should never be around stock. Stock just got stupid around them and it wasn't anything that they were doing wrong its just that cattle didn't stay settled around them. Its VERY frustrating working cattle with either one of them around.
Hubbys Dad is dead now- and I miss having him screw everything up-- now.
We just banished our son from being around the cattle-- and that suits him just fine.

Suggestion--- We used to approach working cattle with the mindset that we were doing good if nothing went wrong(so when it did it was Bad) Now we approach it that things will go wrong, and if we keep it manageable we did good.

A dog is a good idea- but realize that its going to be a lot of work and bad times before you see the payoff. A started dog will help, but you are still going to go thru the wringer for awhile.
After they are finished they are pretty resilient about letting you blow steam :)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)