AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else have anger issues??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

DC swIL
Posted 11/29/2012 09:22 (#2723141 - in reply to #2722136)
Subject: RE: I did and sometimes still do

No livestock here but machinery repairs are what usually sets me off.

A few years ago my wife and I were prepping the combine for harvest. Some things didn't go as planned and much screaming and cussing followed, all from me, none from her. This was all directed at the machine and the tools, not directed at her. When she complained about my words and actions I told her I wasn't angry at her just the machine. That didn't seem to make much difference to her. That night we went to bible study and studied the book of James. The verse Mike quoted above was the first that got my attention.

Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry

I joked that I had 2 out of 3 covered. But more followed

26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless.

6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God’s likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

Every now and then God's Word can just smack you right up side the head. This was one of those moments for me. I felt terrible, confessed my sins and asked for His help. My anger issues have been much better since that evening. Completely gone and always calm? Never cuss? No. My old screaming self still shows up ocassionally. But all in all I am a different person than I was before that evening in the book of James.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)