AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mental health day off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GardenGirl
Posted 11/28/2012 08:44 (#2721170 - in reply to #2720760)
Subject: Re: Mental health day off

Minnesota
my husband and I have had a very stressful time with his dad's aging, dementia, health and anger issues about the last 6 years; dealing with all that plus family things, and trying to keep on earning a living has been hard. One day about a year ago we were both totally frazzled out and we took off most of the day and went to a small town 40 miles away that has several antique shops......we both love 'junking' and it was so good for us to get away. I don't think we bought one thing, but we sure had fun doing something enjoyable. Taking care of yourself is so important for your wife and family; don't feel guilty for taking care of YOU for once :) Bible reading and prayer I've also found to be so important. I love what davpal said about black friday shopping..........I so completely agree with that! Our daughter posted something on Facebook that said something like 'only in America will people frantically shop for more things, when the day before they gave thanks for everything they already have.'
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)