AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mental health day off
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

lincmercguy
Posted 11/28/2012 01:25 (#2720888 - in reply to #2720760)
Subject: RE: Mental health day off

CO, NE
You need to take some kind of break, either a few days off, or start taking some smaller breaks more regularly. Breaks mean the phone gets shut off. A nice trick from the business world is to let your voicemail get full and don't delete them.

BTW, I feel your pain, work has been the same way for me. I've started limiting my work time and shutting off the blackberry outside of those times. It's just been a sprint for too long and we're burned out. Extended sprints don't work.

It's funny because my boss doesn't manage us. We manage ourselves, and our boss's job is to manage his boss and keep him away from us so we can actually get things done.

This time of year is usually the slower time in TV Engineering world. You don't stir the pot when it comes to equipment and commercial operations are busier, so you just keep things spinning. Not this year for us, there's a whole list of stuff we're supposed to accomplish before the end of the year, and it isn't going to happen. It's been going on too long and they don't pay enough for me to care anymore.

Edited by lincmercguy 11/28/2012 01:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)